Alpha lipoic acid
Essential fatty acids
Modified citrus pectin
Omega-3 fatty acids
Omega-6 fatty acids
Red wine polyphenols
Red yeast rice
This site is updated as new research is available.
All content on this site is copyright© 2004, 2005, 2006 by Truth Publishing International, Ltd.
Created by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger, as a free public service to promote health freedom and
empower consumers with information about the healing power of foods. See NaturalNews.com and TruthPublishing.com to learn more.
Zinc may help with*: Common cold (4)
Enlarged prostate (0)
Sore throat (0)
Rheumatoid arthritis (0)
Varicose veins (0)
Benign prostatic hyperplasia (4)
Cervical dysplasia (6)
Male infertility (6)
Supports organs and systems*: Endocrine system (10)
Immune system (0,10,12)
Reproductive system (0)
Skeletal system (6)
Skin disorders (6)
Digestive system (6)
Zinc sources include these foods*: Teff (9)
Button mushroom (8)
Poppy seeds (2)
Sesame seeds (2,8,12)
Pistachio nuts (8,12)
Brewer's yeast (0,6,8)
Lima beans (0,6)
Maple syrup (8)
Green beans (6,12)
Wheat germ (2,12)
Pumpkin seeds (6,2,9,12,12)
Swiss chard (8)
Pine nuts (2,8,12,12)
Red meat (12,6,12)
Sunflower seeds (0,6,2,12)
Macadamia nuts (8,12)
Pinto beans (6,12)
Garbanzo beans (8,12)
Black-eyed peas (6,12)
Parmesan cheese (2)
Curly kale (12)
Butterhead lettuce (12)
Alfalfa sprouts (9)
Fava beans (12)
Mandarin orange (12)
Globe artichoke (12)
Mustard cress (12)
Melon seeds (12)
Sweet chestnuts (12)
Wheat bran (12)
Sea vegetables (12)
Brazil nuts (12)
Celery seeds (12)
Adzuki beans (12)
Notes about Zinc*:Taking more than 100 milligrams of zinc per day can supress the immune system. (0)
A key nutrient to allow one's body to break down alcohol. (10)
Zinc supplementation enhances immune system activity and protects against a range of infections. Zinc may prevent or delay the progression of age-related macular degeneration. (6)
See news and articles on Zinc.
- The Doctors Book of Herbal Home Remedies - Cure Yourself With Nature's Most Powerful Healing Agents, by the Editors of Prevention Health Books
- The Food Bible, by Judith Wills
- Breast Cancer, Breast Health! The Wise Woman Way, by Susun S. Weed
- The Complete Guide to Nutritional Supplements - Everything You Need To Make Informed Choices for Optimum Health, by Brenda D. Adderly, N.H.A.
- Healing With Whole Foods - Oriental Traditions and Modern Nutrition, by Paul Pitchford
- University of Maryland Medical Center, Center for Integrative Medicine, Alternative / Complementary Medicine Supplements database, http://www.umm.edu/altmed/ConsLookups/Supplements.html
- The Natural Pharmacy - Complete Home Reference to Natural Medicine, by Schuyler W. Lininger, Jr., Alan R. Gaby, MD, Steve Austin, ND, Donald J. Brown, ND, Jonathan V. Wright, MD, Alice Duncan, DC, CCH
- The Encyclopedia of Healing Foods, by Michael Murray, ND and Joseph Pizzorno, ND, with Lara Pizzorno, N.A., L.M.T.
- The New Whole Foods Encyclopedia - Comprehensive Resource for Healthy Eating, by Rebecca Wood
- Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, by Michael Murray, N.D., and Joseph Pizzorno, N.D.
- Food: Your Miracle Medicine, by Jean Carper
- The Complete Guide To Nutritional Health, by Pierre Jean Cousin and Kirsten Hartvig
- The Way of Herbs, by Michael Tierra L.Ac., O.M.D.
- Prescription for Nutritional Healing, by James F. Balch, M.D. and Phyllis A. Balch, C.N.C.
- The Way of Chinese Herbs, by Michael Tierra, L.Ac., O.M.D.
- Earl Mindell's Supplement Bible, by Earl Mindell
* This information is intended only as a general reference for further exploration, and is not a replacement for professional health advice. This page does not provide dosage information, format recommendations, toxicity levels, or possible interactions with prescription drugs. Accordingly, only use this information under the direct supervision of a qualified health practitioner such as a naturopathic physician.
This page powered by the WebSeed Content Management System (CMS) created by Mike Adams.
Also created by Mike Adams or Truth Publishing:
CounterThink cartoons are free to view and download. They cover topics like health, environment and freedom.
naturalnews.com offers news, commentary and a free email newsletter covering natural health solutions and criticism of conventional medicine.
TruthPublishing.com offers alternative health books and free downloadable interviews with top doctors and health authors.
The Honest Food Guide chart is a free, downloadable public health and nutrition chart that dares to tell the truth about what foods we should really be eating.
HealingFoodReference.com offers a free online reference database of healing foods, phytonutrients and plant-based medicines that prevent or treat diseases and health conditions.
The Natural Health Library offers more than fifteen free, downloadable books and interviews on natural health solutions.
HerbReference.com is a free, online reference library that lists medicinal herbs and their health benefits.
Read about emerging, renewable energy solutions at the NaturalNews energy channel, covering solar power, wind power, hydrogen, fuel cells and other topics for the eco-conscious consumer.
NutrientReference.com is a free online reference database of phytonutrients (natural medicines found in foods) and their health benefits. Lists diseases, foods, herbs and more.
Join our natural health e-mail newsletter for free daily updates on health news that matters. Our e-mail newsletter is powered by ArialSoftware's E-Mail Marketing Director newsletter software. Videos are powered by Zeop Online Video Engine.
This site is part of the NaturalNews Network ©2004,2005,2006,2007,2008 All Rights Reserved. Privacy | Terms
All content posted on this site is commentary or opinion and is protected under Free Speech. Truth Publishing
International, LTD. has full ownership of and takes sole responsibility for all content. Truth Publishing
sells no health or nutritional products and earns no money from health product manufacturers or promoters. The information on this site is provided for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for professional
advice of any kind. Truth Publishing assumes no responsibility for the use or misuse of this material.
Your use of this website indicates your agreement to these terms and those published here. All trademarks, registered trademarks and servicemarks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners.
Also from Truth Publishing: